The North Africa Cultural Mobility Map is an info platform and research project about mobility initiatives for artists, writers and researchers interested in developing cultural projects in or within North Africa. The aim is to promote a better understanding of the cultural and socio-politic contexts of the region while at the same time strengthen cultural dialogue and collaboration between North African counties.
The North Africa Cultural Mobility Map is by no means a complete project but an open and organic on-line portal. Its aim is to become an info-platform and a space from where to discuss the traditions and contradictions, interests and imbalances of cultural mobility in the region.
The North Africa Cultural Mobility Map objective is to create an on line platform in Arab, French, English and Spanish that will include:
• A county by country database of mobility programs operating in the region.
• Video interviews to the coordinators of different initiatives that facilitate and promote artistic mobility and intercultural exchange in North Africa.
• Information about networking and funding opportunities.
• A resources section with Artist in Residency Networks and other useful websites.
• A research section with relevant on-line tools, bibliography, creative projects and experiences on the topic of cultural mobility in North Africa.